Saturday, July 17, 2010

Doggy is the winner!

After getting over my excitement about all office supplies colored pink, I got down to business, literally. I had to make the important distinction between doggie and doggy. Doggy seemed to be quite popular on web sites. In fact, it was so popular, I could not get the domain of my first choice, a dot com address. Go Daddy wanted to know what it was going to be: .org, .me, .mobi, .biz. The ....'s go on. I chose the dot biz because it suited me and it was very helpful to know which were intended for different purposes (other than the obvious non profit dot org). This dot bizness is new to me. So very new.

I signed up for a year because it seemed to be the cheapest and you can renew it and if I was a bigger business, maybe I would spend more and buy a longer commitment. A year seemed just fine. Just like a 250 count of business cards will be more than enough. I am still figuring out the lay out of the card, but I think I have a few ideas! Apparently, I need to focus on the next right thing. First cards, then web page design. It seems that I will need a little help in the form of paid assistance on line or via a phone call to Go Daddy's tech support. It's not quite as easy as a DIY fee blog site (thank you by the way Blogger!)...

I will keep you posted. Promise. I will even let you see the site when it's born.
Now to find some clip art!

No comments:

Post a Comment