Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Business cards and a web site~I am on my way, except...

So I went to the FedEx/Kinko's office first. I went there first since the lady who helped Jeff with his business cards was very helpful and efficient. She knew what she was doing. However, when I arrived there, the other lady was there. The lady with no answers. The lady who wasn't able to help me by even knowing if they could help me with graphics that were original. Apparently, they have some "new system". The lady that wasn't even sure if the other lady would have time to help me with the other jobs she had to do. So, I took my business to Office Depot. Yay for choices in America! The Office Depot was great; they helped me with my logo, even though I realized after I put the order in, that I may have to add or change certain things about the card based on feedback or business traffic (or the lack thereof). I am pleased with my Doggy Diva cards. They are so simple. Love them! I look forward to showing you!

While I love to keep you all informed and I love to keep this site updated, today's post is all about procrastination and fear. Yes the P word and the F word. They have loomed large in the last few days right after I purchased a domain and followed that up with purchasing a web hosting/building product on MY VERY OWN site. That I bought. That I continue to envision. That I have to build with help from the other company. Sorry, Blogger, but its slightly unprofessional to try to use a free site with blogspot in the name and the logo on the bottom. You are fantastic, however, for my personal blogging and all. So thanks, Blogger for understanding!! When I have this other site all ready, I will let you all know; if you want to visit the site, let me know and I can send you the link. I am not sure if I will put it on the blog site or not. I definitely don't have this all figured out. I am in fear that I will have no business. I am in fear that after all this, I will actually have to get up really early in the morning again. Which obviously means I am in fear of actually having clients after I have practiced heartily the act of sleeping in late for the last year and half. In fear with the prospect of lots of business or no business at all. So, I will back up a little bit and realize that I haven't even marketed myself and I have not even started at the humane society, which is coming up next! One thing at a time. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

So I completed the humane society's volunteer application and called the lady in charge. I am awaiting the return phone call. One foot in front of the other. The next project is to read the email from the web host on hints on how to set up that site. One foot in front of the other.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment