Friday, July 16, 2010

Doggie or doggy?

I went to a humane society yesterday to volunteer my time and gain valuable experience for my new business. As soon as I picked up an application for the volunteer position, I was compelled to pick up one for fostering as well (Jeff knows I am going to come home with a pet sooner or later). But seriously, as soon as I realized how seriousI am about volunteering to walk animals that have been abandoned and possibly harmed or abused, I realized how much I loved animals period. Picking up the application was a catalyst to get the business really off the ground. I started thinking of "the name" that would look great on my new business cards. It was off to Walmart to finish my errands for the day.

I promptly drove directly to the Walmart to pick up a notebook and hole puncher for work I am doing with another agency when the whole idea of buying office supplies hit me. OFFICE SUPPLIES! I love office supplies, even when my dad brought me home cheap day- timers from previous years and random highlighters from his office when I was a kid in his Georgetown brownstone. I became giddy with joy in the aisle of really cool and awfully cute supplies. Pink supplies. Supplies I would need were pink and I think there were striped and polka dotted supplies. I absolutely MUST start my business now. An application and a stroll through a Walmart aisle. Who knew?

This morning, during the time in which I was waiting for a fax to be transmitted at the Office Depot, I started pricing business cards. Glossy, semi-gloss, matte...oh my! Two-sided also? This is too much fun. I can't wait to get started.

And I still need a perfect name! I am narrowing it down. So, is it doggy or doggie? I have a Doctorate, and yet, I can't spell a cutesy name! What gives? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment