Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another birthday...another day

I just had another birthday yesterday. It was awesome and between all my Facebook contacts and family and friends off that network, I felt quite loved. Jeff held all my family gifts (sent to me)hostage and presented them to me on my birthday, which was necessary so that I had something to actually open. I tend to rip anything open right away if its addressed to me. Jeff then surprised me with a Nook from Barnes and Noble. While I have at least five books I have not even read at home, he knows that I am going to finally plow through those now that I am back from Colorado and San Antonio and I am almost halfway through my current book which reads more like a history book than anything (because it is). As soon as I get to my pleasure books, I think I will be getting through one a week. We had a nice little lunch in a not so fancy place and went to Barnes and Noble so I could get a bit of an education about the Nook (though I did most of my research in Denver). I got to select my favorite Nook cover and actually found a cover that matches my Kate Spade day time (and to think that Kate Spade makes Nook covers-she really covers all the bases. I wished I knew that when I was smoking. Just kidding, Mom!).

After the Barnes and Noble purchase, we went home and Jeff blew up one of the rafts given to us by my sister and her family (for my birthday). We had a brief dip in the pool, until Jeff remembered that I get 41 dunks. Very wet. Very very wet. I felt like I was in a washing machine for about 45 minutes. I am sure it was more like 10 minutes, but it felt like 45. The time went so fast.

I spent the early evening making cupcakes and getting ready for friends to come over for burgers and cupcakes after the meeting. By the time they came over, I needed help and realized I did spend the whole day acting like a birthday child and not a responsible adult expecting dinner guests. I employed my female guest in the kitchen and she out-cupcaked me! She decorated my two dozen cupcakes and they look fabulous! I wish I had a photo for you all. While she decorated my cupcakes brilliantly, I was making rosemary and garlic oven potatoes. Again, a photo would have been a great addition to this post, I know. We had tons of fun cooking and eating. Before I knew it, my birthday had vanished in the night and I looked at my watch when our guests had to go and tend to their dog at home. ONE A.M.?! And that marked the beginning of my forty-first year. Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment