Thursday, January 14, 2010

More to come, but a note about the blogs I have been reading....

A quick note: I am constantly learning about new blogs, new writing styles, new personalities and I am constantly bored by the popular, well read blogs; I am always searching for new material. If you know of blogs that are funny, decently written (a minimally collegiate command of the English language, but comfortable with taking some poetic license), definitely let me know. I will check it out. I want to read a blog without the inner English teacher in me itching to leap out.

I am sick of hearing about going green blogs, mommyblogs, home schooling, etc. I don't have children so I am not really interested in shopping for diapers and how to get through airport security with half a dozen children. So let me know. I have already replaced pioneer woman (like the cooking, don't like the home schooling saga) with a nice and light blog by someone who loves the color pink (I couldn't be more serious about my blogging-see my blog list). As obnoxiously superficial as this sounds (because, yes, it is obnoxiously superficial), I can relate to the pink chick more than the farmer lady. I would be interested in puppy oriented blogging as well as travel and scuba diving blogs. I love children so don't misread me. However, I don't do their diapers typically or feed them out of Gerber jars with baby faces (that most likely have left third world non English speaking moms very confused), so I just can't relate to some of these blogs. I don't need to apologize. I AM NOT HATING ON YOUR CHILDREN. Promise. Dooce can be interesting to read ( I loved the clothes washer saga and her post partum depression book), but I am getting bored on dooce.com for some reason. Maybe because I found her more entertaining when she was just being real and I found her less entertaining when she made it so obvious she was entertaining and egging on her hateful non-fans. It seemed NOT so real. More contrived. I will continue to check it out, but we have options, don't we?!

I will constantly be updating my blog list, deleting some, adding others . Leave me a comment with some blog web sites & I will be happy to check them out!

Tomorrow, I will start writing on the complete Key Largo experience while at Blue Fin Rock Harbor Marina. I promised Jeff I would wait til we are in Naples (our next stop) before posting it. You will surely see why he wanted me to wait. I am calling the post "Walking on Broken Glass" (an Annie Lennox tribute of sorts).

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment