Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bringing brunette back: follow up on the blonde experiment

So, for any one who remembers that I completely did a color overhaul on my hair in late October in North Carolina, I promised that I would follow my experience here on my blog. In mid January, I chopped 3 inches of my blonde locks. Yeah, I know hair is "dead" anyway, but honestly my blonde hair is more yellow than anything and I feel like its dry and split and unhealthy. And fake. Yuck. I am glad that I did this experiment. For sure. I loved the beginning of feeling different and slightly reinventing myself.

I have promised Jeff that I would not further process my hair, not even with a demi whatever they call it to get it back to brown. I am going to have to bring brunette back au natural. What we agreed on is that I can get it cut as often as I need to help this hideous growing out process. Having wavy/curly hair will help make the drastic roots a little bit more subtle. Subtle like me. Which we know, isn't really all too subtle most of the time.

What I realized and what I was so very grateful that I realized is that I LOVE the old Alyssa's hair. I am really happy with the brunette me. The REAL me. That took a long time to really experience. And it took a blonde overhauling. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment