Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need some focus here...

So, it occurred to me lately that I did have focus for my blog last year. The whole point of starting it 11 months ago (can you believe it?Almost a whole year?!) was so that I could relate the adventures of our RV trip across the country. Now that we found a place to live, I've been losing focus and writing about random stuff, old dating stories, rants about Facebook, whatever... When I started this blog I had three followers and now I have five! How cool is that! Now that I have left Facebook and this is my sole forum for reaching friends and family and maybe absolutely complete strangers, I think I need a little focus so people know what to expect. Of course, it's still my site and I may have to rant or tell some random story whenever it pops into my head and deems suitable enough to write down.

I am thinking that I need to find a book club to join as I have never stopped loving reading, devouring and talking about books! That must be my new focus; it just makes sense! So all of you followers, please let me know about any books you think I may enjoy... No trashy romance or fantasy science fiction. I don't think I have ever picked up a self-help book, but if there is one or a whole library you think I should read, suggest gently, yes? If anyone in the Venice/Englewood/Sarasota area knows of a book club, let me know as the meetup.com hasn't given me any indication of one. I am going to visit craiglist next. Then, hey, maybe I will just have to start one, hmmm??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment