Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day by day....doing it right

So here I am, a few days (or months) after my last day of smoking (May 10, 2011) and I absolutely am glad I don't smoke. I can't lie. There are some days that I totally feel like smoking. You know, the days where I know that first few seconds of relaxation are going to feel good and I may even curb my appetite by a few bites. It's funny, but this is the exact reason why I just can't bring my self to start again. A few seconds? This relief is so momentary, it's certainly Big Tobacco's big joke on us! Seriously, I know that I have been consuming more food since this most recent quit date, but I am working on changing those food choices as well. I have bought some new books (I had to satisfy the need to buy something, right?!) on healthy eating/lifestyle choices that are making these changes so much easier.


I think the take home message is that my life is new, refreshed with bright novel opportunities (intense meditation, yoga, eating right, new healthy people in my life) that I am done giving my power to the behaviors and people that drain me in every way . My emotional budget is dwindling; I only have room in my day for people I can detach from and still love at the same exact same time or people that add to my life and I can effectively add to theirs.

This almost makes me want to go buy something. Kidding. Kind of. Stay tuned. I am about to go and work out....30 minutes. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment