Sunday, April 17, 2016

The last 8

I have been on this diet since January 17, 2016.  I am using the Colorado Diet in the book State of Slim.  Such a dear friend turned me on to it and it has really changed my whole outlook on diet and exercise.  I have been doing pretty well and it seems I do better with more exercise. I lost 18.4 pounds at the end of 8 weeks (when they said I would lose 20 pounds). I was okay with that as I  cheated a few days. I am going to lose a total of 30 pounds by the end of  week 16. I am now beginning week 14 and I have 7 pounds to go! Three full weeks, 7 pounds, and a lot of determination. It will be hard as I have two indulgence meals planned! I have one huge obstacle: I hate treadmills and its currently wet and snowy.

I know I need to get over the whole inside gym adversity. I just hate the idea of walking in place going nowhere. I love walking in the outdoors and enjoying fresh air. What is wrong with that? It hinders my ambition....ugh!  I am hoping I can get 5-7 miles on Wednesday through Saturday! I have to realize this is so much progress from where I was on January 16. Let's see....what was my outlook pre-January 16?

I love food. I exercised when it was convenient. I did the bare minimum. When I did try to lower my carb intake, it was half assed. I admit it. I would justify anything. It's free, I can't turn it down, it's a holiday, I deserve to enjoy it. Donuts, cupcakes, pasta, Mexican food.... I had a bad or good day: I deserve this cocktail. I lost maybe 25 pounds in 6 months then gained it all back within a year. This time is different. Sounds lame. But it is so different and this is why.

I have lost 23 pounds in three months, not six months. The more important thing that makes this different is that this diet/exercise program has shown me true perspective on portion size, metabolism change, exercise habits and persistent and determination. I have gone from a size 12 to a size 10 and in some cases,  a size 8! I need at least ten items of clothes altered to fit the new me. I will never go back to the way I was. Not just the weight I was, but the way I saw all  food as necessary and viewed exercise as a necessary evil.  I now am MORE than satisfied with 4-6 oz of protein and a cup of pasta, whole grain, no less! I love my indulgence meals, don't get me wrong, but actually wanting to  get back to my new "normal" has been the best change of all. 

I blogged a few years ago about the difficulty with quitting cigarettes. At the time that was the hardest  lifestyle change to overcome. I have not had a puff of a cigarette since August 2012.  Not a puff. I couldn't imagine ever smoking again.

These are the two hardest things I have done to improve my physical health. If I can do this, so can YOU !!! 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment