Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bringing back brunette: the end result with a photo!

So as promised to my mom and to the satisfaction of many as well as myself, I shut down the blonde project. That experience is finito. I went into a salon and wanted to get my hair back to brunette. The responsible stylist and colorist DawnMarie at New Wave Salon in Englewood, Florida (my new home town by the way) assessed my needs and wants and told me to come back at the end of the week and warned me it may take a while to recover the normalcy of my brunette self. As normal as that is. We discussed that she would get all the brunette out.
On Thursday, I walked back through the same door and selected a few pictures that would give me a super fresh start at being the brunette that I am. I realized that a cut would be in order. I wanted to chop off any last dead ends and just START OVER. So what you see is the end product! DawnMarie got me to a very fresh easy to style (well, relatively easy....it took me 45 minutes to do it myself, but the more I do it, that number should be shaved off by at least 12 minutes I hope!). I am really happy with it! I think that maybe, down the road, I may get highlights. DOWN.THE.ROAD!!! I am going to savor the dark dark brown. I am taking very good care of this healthy crop of hair this time around. I have a great shine agent (and yes, I got it at Walmart: Rusk works pretty well, though!).
If I can achieve my own blow out looking something like this, I will be quite satisfied. Until summer humidity in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment