Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Looking back on 2009

So this was quite the year for me. I have done things this year that I have never done before and to some extent, never thought I would do! So, in review, I guess I got quite a bit accomplished. It motivates me to make a list of things I would like to do. So first, a year in review. My list for 2010 will come later, like in 2010!
  1. I got married.
  2. I changed my name (this, for all modern women, does not necessarily follow #1!).
  3. I lost/left my job (depends on who you ask and how far you take it).
  4. I moved Max & myself to our new house (Jeff's home on Lookout Mountain that, in my opinion, had so much potential back in 2005 when he first showed it to me).
  5. I got a new car (2009 GMC Acadia for sticklers on specifics).
  6. I went through all 12 steps again.
  7. I went RV'ing for the first time and saw Nebraska, Montana & South Dakota for the first time ever (did I leave anything out Jeff?).
  8. I moved into the RV in the fall and headed out to ultimately spend our first winter with NO snow (and still experienced snow in September before we left)! I saw the following states for the first time: Indiana. Iowa, South Carolina & Georgia. I saw new parts of these states I had once visited: Illinois, Ohio, New York, Maine, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida!
  9. I got my PADI Open Water Diver certification!

Well, that about does it, I think. I planned NONE of this; I had no idea anything other than possibly doing the 12 steps would or could have possibly happened. Which kind of makes a list of Things I Would Like to Accomplish in 2010 pretty open ended. I can't even conceive of what 2010 will have in store for me!

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa you forgot something. You started this great blog this year and you have written/posted consistently.

    It's great! Keep writing and Happy New Year.

    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder!And the compliment. And HUGE thanks for inspiring me to do this and all the helpful hints!!Jeff also noted things of notable accomplishment...I am going to have to make an addendum!!

    ReplyDelete