Saturday, September 12, 2009

Two weeks to go and ???

Wow! I am starting to really think about my RV checklist. It's not like the stranded island/three things to bring game, but it's limited space to share with Jeff, Sadie, Max & Fenway.....how to prioritize the inventory?!

Besides my clothes and essential toiletries which are non-negotiable (in my not so humble opinion), I have to figure out how to ration space for our anniversary version Scrabble game (and OSPD), books, CDs and DVDs. Then there are the hobbies, books, etc for Jeff and toys for the dogs. What to do?! Our tangible tools for recovery are first priority, but I am glad we can somewhat share those! I snagged the Grapevine (the new one with the big stone EGO that needs to be smashed on the front cover... that one). I can imagine several other Daily Meditation books that will save the (insane and uncertain) day, so those are a given....I read daily, so I know I will only have limited space for the many books on my shelf I have not yet read...If any of you have any MUST READ recommendations, let me know! My Big Book will not get left behind.....no way, so don't worry!

Cooking is going to be a challenge if we want to eat anything other than Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie & Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (imitations don't suffice here). Jeff makes fabulous breakfasts, so I am in charge of lunch/dinner. I am going to have to smuggle in some really useful recipe cards and recipes in cookbooks (that don't count against my regular book inventory) that don't involve an oven....just a stove top /range(gas),microwave/convection oven, and a refrigerator/freezer. If those can be used for a tasty non-pork, non-fish recipe that meets my other parameters (some of you know what that involves), please let me know!

A special arrangement of my favorite jeans, tops and shoes will make it in the RV NO MATTER WHAT !! I can't explain it, but some of these things give me certain joy. Yes, I can be righteous too and say that being happy, joyous and free refers to my spiritual life, but wearing my favorite pairs of jeans is a very happy, joyous and liberating feeling. So yes, I will bring along my Sevens, Hudsons & Lucky Brand Jeans. Can't live with out them! Does this contradict the spiritual books mentioned in the first part of my post? I think not. The ease and comfort that comes with wearing a good pair of jeans will not lead me to my old lifestyle....I always need my HP....and I always need to get dressed before I open the RV door. I have remained sober with or with out my jeans...but not with out my HP (I will just say G-d from now on)...I am Jewish and we aren't supposed to actually spell it out...I am sure you can figure out what I am referring to in any posts that follow.

Selecting our mobile music collection will not be hard- Jeff and I pretty much agree on everything. So as we head off on the Road to Nowhere (Talking Heads is an integral part of our collection), we will enjoy our tunes. DVDs are another story: while I would like the whole series collection of Sex and the City, I think he would be more interested in Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue (not that I wouldn't, but not my first priority). I would love to get more Nip/Tuck-why does that have to be so expensive?? Our Sopranos series collection is a given. After all, one of our wedding songs comes from the Sopranos soundtrack, not to mention some incredible performances by Edie Falco, Gandolfini, Drea de Mateo, etc...

It's so cold and rainy today, we could start a fire in our living room. Earlier, the Denver Mattress people delivered our RV's new QUEEN SIZE mattress (don't ask what happened to our last queen size mattress, but if you are wondering what to buy me for Christmas/Chanukah, do NOT buy me a pillow top mattress, especially if it's smaller than a queen) .....

See you LOCALS next weekend for the going away party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment