Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Not yet on the road, but miles away in my mind...

I am so excited at the idea of RV living, I am already living there in my head. My thoughts are currently at where we are going to camp/stay for Molly's wedding. I hope the RV is long enough and this and that. Today I called the hotel where Mom got us a room to chill for a few days during our weekend in Chapel Hill, NC and they are happy to accomodate our RV. I reported this to Jeff who accurately pointed out "we haven't even left yet...one mile at a time babe...."...Yeah, right...I am thinking about how it will be nice to get a night's rest in a hotel with a big bath and Jeff has pointed out I am still living at home. We don't even leave for a few weeks!
There are things I have already planned weeks in advance that aren't really crucial for the RV's readiness, per se, but more my state of mind: how many pairs of my favorite jeans, kitchen tools, how many flip flops and shoes will fit, and very importantly (in a close environment) how many vials of perfume and toiletries will fit in the allotted space (next to his fishing gear, RV tools, etc)....Ahhhh transitioning from Alyssa's standard maintenance to RV maintenance will be an adjustment for sure. Don't get me wrong....I am fully aware of what I will leave behind and choose what is truly important to warrant RV status. I am genuinely relieved that I have an excuse to minimize my life (something I have worked on for the last seven months as I merged my condo's belongings into my house and piles of Goodwill donations).
I am miles away in my head, except for one area....an area that will require at least a few blog entries on its very own. I am in denial, somewhat of this area--I am firmly planted in Colorado with my friends (in and out of recovery/program) and I admit I haven't really come to grips that when I am REALLY miles away, I won't be available for a quick lunch at CPK (with Sarah) or Il Vicino (with Shireen) or anywhere else with anyone else for that matter. I certainly am not addressing the fact that I won't get to spend my Mondays with Lidiya for a long time....okay...I need to stop for now.. I am definitely in denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment