Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peony in Love was great! My nook... Fantastic!

So, in finishing my first official book on my Nook (that's the Barnes and Noble version), I have become an avid fan of my Nook! I learned that keeping it in airplane mode keeps the charge much longer... even when you are reading late at night, nice and comfy on your bed. When I need to download a book from the Internet, which is imminent, I will take it off airplane mode to get that temporary Internet connection I need to buy the book from B&N.

Regarding Peony in Love, I loved the historical fiction; I had no idea this book was written about a real opera. I was intrigued by the story line and while the customs are so different from our Western modern culture, I surprisingly did not find them hard to believe (in the context of that dynasty, that period, that hemisphere). I have enjoyed reading Lisa See's other novels. I am not sure about starting her detective series, but I am sure I will be reading them in the not so distant future. This book is on my list of favorites, do I decided to not be so redundant and omitted it from my recently read page.

No comments:

Post a Comment